Electrical System Engineer
Do you have experience in the design of electrical systems for shipbuilding and major conversions? Are you able to work with AutoCAD, SEE Electrical or Eplan P8? Would you like to work for a leading Dutch company in the marine & offshore industry? Check this role and contact U-People for all details!
As System Engineer you are responsible for the electrical integration of the various systems on board of Ships.
So we need candidates experience with engineering maritime electrical installations such as power generation systems, lighting, alarm and monitoring systems, etc. This job is located in Rotterdam area. We have several fulltime openings for this position!
Specific duties in this role include:
- You will design and develop the cable diagrams for all systems on board from our client but also systems from the yard and thirt parties (HVAC, Cooling water systems, Bilge, Etc).
- You consult with the client and classification societies and ensure that the systems and installations meet the requirements.
- Drawing up technical specifications for systems and selecting components and materials to be used.
- Checking / guiding detailed design / performing detail engineering yourself.
We are looking for electrical engineers (BSc of MSc) with at least 2 years of experience in a similar job position. Furthermore, you have wide knowledge of ships systems and excellent communicating skills!
- At least 5 years of experience with engineering electrical installations within the shipbuiling industry.
- Good knowledge of materials with regard to electrical- or control technical systems and components.
- Knowledge and experience with Eplan, AutoCAD, SEE Electrical is an advantage.
- Good command of the English language, Dutch is a plus
Dutch leading company with projects in Marine, Offshore, Oil/Gas and Defence industry.
- A challenging role at a Dutch leading company with projects in Marine, Offshore and Defence industry.
- Financially stable company with a well-filled order book for the coming years.
- Good salary package and secondary benefits.
- If you’re an expat (EU) U-People is offering you our full relocation support.
Are you one of the Electrical System Engineers that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job by sending your CV via the application button. If you have any questions before your application please contact Joost Wenteler at +31 (0)6 295 78908 You can send me a WhatsApp at all times! or send an e-mail email@example.com.
Please note that we strongly prefer EU citizens or those in possession of a Dutch work permit.
We can consider candidates out of the EU with a stable CV and at least 8 years of experience as Electrical System Engineer (basic engineering) in shipbuilding industry.