Senior Cost Estimator (shipbuilding projects)
Do you have experience in creating detailed cost estimates for shipbuilding and other maritime projects.? Are you looking for interesting work where you can learn something new every day, grow personally and professionally, then this could be the right opportunity for you! This is a full-time position based in South Holland.
As a Senior Cost Estimator, you will work closely with the Proposal and Product departments in order to prepare estimates for new shipbuilding projects. You will prepare detailed cost proposals and estimates for new projects and Life Cycle Costs.
Specific duties in this role will include:
- Perform cost analyses and estimations for Proposal department
- Requesting and assessing from internal departments the manhour costs for projects.
- Build and managing a database with all technical and purchasing information.
- Prepare integral budget estimates for new constructions and refit projects.
- Consults with vendors, or other individuals, coordinating with the purchasing department to achieve market competitive project estimation.
We are looking for an Engineer with experience in cost estimating and the following qualifications:
- BSc degree or MSc degree in Naval architecture, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and shipbuilding and estimating experience may be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in a production organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, problem resolution, and strategic planning skills.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Please note this position is open only to EU citizens or those in possession of a Dutch work permit.
Applications from other nationalities will not be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with a dynamic, established and growing company.
To apply, please fill out an application on the website or contact Iulia Vilcu for more information at email@example.com/ +31683957663