Specification Engineer Interior
Are you a Technical Specification Engineer and do you want to work for a leading company in the shipbuilding sector? Do you have strong affinity for writing the technical specifications for accommodation and other living and working spaces on a vessel? We offer you a challenging project in the Netherlands & a great team of colleagues! Apply now!
As a Specification Engineer Interior, you will be responsible for variety of tasks in the field of Interior, such as accommodation, insulation, floor covering, various ship-specific living and working spaces. You will support and consult the purchasing department on technical matters, assisting also your colleagues on the yard during the building process. This position is based in South Holland.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Performing technical writing of specifications based on the contract, rules, regulations and applicable standards.
- Liaising with both suppliers and other stakeholders in order to determine final technical specifications.
- Preparing the orders in collaboration with the purchasing department.
- Perform required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Responsible for integration of delivered components/systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, suppliers.
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Final inspection at supplier.
For the Specification Engineer Interior role, we are looking for candidates with very good communications skills and cost-conscious attitude. Furthermore, the following requirements should be met:
- Professional education on Bachelor level related to the Interior design discipline.
- Knowledge of interior systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Previous similar work experience in engineering of interior systems.
- Able to work and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English language. Speaking German is a strong asset.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
Project based position with a duration of approximate 1 year (can be extended). The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities.
Are you the Specification Engineer Interior that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your CV to email@example.com. If you have any other questions before your application, please contact Elena Olteanu at +316 3011 1222.
Your information will be treated confidentially!
Please note this position is open only to EU citizens or those in possession of a Dutch work permit.
Applications from other nationalities will not be considered.