Assistant Project Manager Electrical Engineering
In this challenging position, you will assist managing a group of 12 electrical engineers and you will be responsible for the development of engineering documentation (both basic and detailed), the production of electrical systems, its delivery and its installation on vessels. Therefore, you will work in close cooperation with the PM Mechanical Engineering and the PM Shipbuilding. Moreover, you will also be responsible for finding and choosing electrical suppliers and check their engineering work. This position is based in the area of Rotterdam.
Your daily tasks include:
- Acquiring and managing projects in close cooperation with Engineering Project Managers.
- Reviewing technical specifications and give advice to the project group.
- Preparing a planning for the electrical discipline of projects.
- Doing feasibility studies of projects and risk assessments.
- Check electrical engineering work from the team and for external parties.
- Having contact with suppliers, classification societies and other third parties.
- Supporting the production on electrical matters.
To be successful in this role we require the following requirements:
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years of working experience with electrical design for vessels.
- At least 1-2 years of experience leading groups of engineers.
- Good organizational and PM skills (cost control, suppliers supervision, plannings…).
- Good command of the English language.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company is based in the Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
- Long-term position within a leading company in the Naval Industry with plenty of possibilities to grow internally.
- Great international working environment.
- Base salary between 3.800 and 5.000€ gross per month and excellent secondary benefits (among others, 37 holiday days).
Hendrik de Widt: +31 88 62 62 801