Basic Engineer Mechanical Equipment
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer, preferably with offshore/dredging systems? Do you have extensive experience in 3D Modelling in the first engineering fase? Keep on reading!
As a Basic Engineer Mechanical Equipment you work at the Engineering department for the shipbuilding group. This department produces vessels with very complex installations on board. As a Basic Engineer Special Equipment you are responsible for analyzing, designing, and maintaining the company products, technologies, production processes, installations and equipment related to Dredging. You work according to customer requirements and technical and operational guidelines in order to contribute efficient production and to optimize the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment.
The daily tasks include:
- You analyze and assess customer requirements related to products and processes (materials, process, quality, product specifications) and perform initial opportunity and risk analyses.
- You set up and complete the 3D model of the construction, systems, equipment and procedures based on relevant information and specifications.
- You examine the processed drawings on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user friendliness and, where needed, adjust or elaborate the documents and system information.
- You provide input for detail plan for Special Equipment engineering; if applicable you calculate weight and relevant technical details, and determine specifications for work to be outsourced.
- You revise the basic engineering package, based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others and where needed discuss with Lead Engineers.
- You support internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales on technical aspects and questions.
- You document activities performed on processes, installations and equipment and provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports or analyses.
- You identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment and make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
- Bsc or Msc degree Mechanical Engineering or other technical discipline.
- At least 3 years relevant experience.
- Experienced user of advanced software (3D).
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Willing to relocate to the Netherlands but we strongly prefer candidates already living in the Netherlands.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment. U-People has a strong relationship with the company for many year’s. They consult us to staff up high qualified technical teams for their projects worldwide.
- Great international working environment.
- Competitive salary.
- All other facilities needed to perform the job.
Are you the Basic Engineer that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions before your application please contact Joost Wenteler at +31 88 62 62 803 or send and e-mail to email@example.com.