Composites Structural Engineer
Are you a Structural Engineer with experience in working with composite materials? Do you want to be part of innovative naval projects? If so, this could be your next career opportunity!
If you want to work for one of the most tremendous companies in the maritime industry, an opportunity which could boost your knowledge, then let`s discuss further at an interview!
Within this position, you will be supporting the engineering of large naval composite structures from basic engineering up to production start. This way, you will be involved in the design and validation of large composite structures, including relevant structural and FEM calculations. Moreover, you will review technical documentation provided by the suppliers such as production engineering documents and subcontractors . This positon is based in the south of the Netherlands.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performing calculations such as: strength, stiffness, vibrations, buckling, fatigue, blast, EMC, producibility, maintainability, etc.
- Apply basic and detailed engineering of outsourced engineering packages, design checks and design reviews.
- Give support to the structural engineering department for construction plans.
- Having contact with clients about technical specifications.
- Responsible for integration of delivered components and systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, suppliers, regulatory bodies, and customer.
- We are looking for an engineer who wants to develop his career in the composites engineering. The person should have a strong Structural Engineering background and be able to start on short notice.
- Having a Master degree in Naval Architecture, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Having experience with software programs such as Rulescalc, Nauticus, NX or ANSYS.
- Being familiar with classification society rules for ship structures.
- Fluent in English mandatory and speaking dutch would be a plus.
- Permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa are both required to be considered as viable candidate.
Our client is one of the biggest international shipbuilding companies with over 30 shipyards and related companies worldwide. They have a leading position in the shipbuilding and shiprepair market in the Netherlands.
- All necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year.
- The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities.
- Assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
- Project based position with a duration of approximate 1 year with the possibility of extention.
- Opportunity to develop within the company.
Do we caught your attention? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +316 8395 7663 or drop your email at firstname.lastname@example.org