Design and Proposal Engineer (Dredging)
Are you an experienced Naval Engineer with a solid technical knowledge and willing to develop your commercial competences? Do you have experience in basic engineering and like to develop new dredging equipment? If so, you just found your next career opportunity!
In this position you will develop new vessels and perform market research to come to the best new products for the company. You will design ships and you will give support to the sales department of the company. In addition, you will work closely with the R&D and production departments, prepare a project planning and calculate costs for new vessels. This way, you will optimize the portfolio of the company and develop the best concepts. This position is based in the Netherlands.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Developing new products / concept design for new vessels.
- Researching the market and building strategies for new sales.
- Preparing ship design and specifications together with cost calculations of the new products.
- Supporting the sales department during the contractual phase of projects.
- Studying customer requirements and optimize standard designs.
For this position we are looking for a motivated engineer with a passion for the construction of vessels and equipment and having a solid knowledge in the field of technology, cost price and delivery time.
Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc in Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding or similar.
- At least several years of working experience in the maritime (dredging) industry.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Good technical knowledge and commercial oriented (customer focused).
- Excellent English both written and spoken.
- Willing to travel abroad occasionally.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 37 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the Proposal Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +40 21 555 1189 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.