Electrical Power Systems Engineer
If you are looking for a high profile and challenging career involved with the design of vessels for one of the most known shipbuilding company based in the Nederlands, U-people has a great opportunity for you!
Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to join a multicultural team of shipbuilding professionals.
As an Electrical Power Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the design and functional development of complete electrical power systems on board of vessels. You will work closely with the propulsion system integration engineers for delivering a completely integrated propulsion system. You will be involved from the first project phase and support the commissioning department within the execution phase of the project.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Performing design and calculations for the proposal phase of the project.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents, particularly propulsion control and power management system specifications.
- Checking designs and the quality of subcontracted work.
- Performing cost analysis on received offers from subcontractors/suppliers with the purchase department.
- Offering support for producing and submitting proposals to customers.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Supporting the commissioning and installation activities on board.
We are looking for an Electrical Power Engineer with a broad experience in complex engineering projects. Engineers with experience in Shipbuilding, Offshore or Industrial projects are welcome.
Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc in Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering or other technical discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer in the design and installation of complex electrical power systems, preferably related to electrical propulsion.
- Experienced in the design of propulsion control and power management systems.
- Experienced to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Having great communication skills in English. Speaking German is a strong asset.
- Willing to work in other locations and abroad.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Submit your application now! You can reach Iulia for more details calling +316 83957663 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Your details will be treated confidentially!
Please note this position is open only to EU citizens or those in possession of a Dutch work permit.
Applications from other nationalities will not be considered.