Lead Electrical Engineer Power systems
Do you have experience in the design of electrical equipment and systems for new ships? Are you an expert in power generation and power distribution? Would you like to work for an innovative company leader in the offshore, dredging and shipbuilding industry? If so, you just found your next career step!
As a Senior or Lead Electrical Engineer, you will develop basic electrical engineering for offshore vessels, dredgers and special equipment for the offshore industry. You will work in the discipline Electrical Power, always cooperating with your colleagues and discipline Leader. As a Senior or Lead Engineer, you will the one who starts the project, prepares technical specifications and follows up the complete process, until the ship is delivered. This position is located in the area of Dordrecht.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Performing engineering for: Power balance, Electrical schematics switchboards, Outline drawings switchboards, Lay-out, locations components inside switchboards, Thermal calculation for switchboards, Cable calculations (type and dimension), Short circuit and selectivity calculations.
- Preparing single line diagrams, choosing the right equipment and studying offers from suppliers. Working on the electrical systems philosophy and preparing technical specifications for the electrical equipment of the ship. Maintaining contact with suppliers and subcontractors and act as a Project Engineer, following up the complete project.
We are looking for electrical engineers who have a BSc or a MSc degree and at least 3 years of experience in a similar job position. Furthermore, the following requirements should be met in order to be successful in these job positions:
- Having experience in the design / calculation of electrical components in ships.
- Having experience in the shipbuilding industry, being familiar with classification society rules.
- Being able to perform calculations for electrical equipment.
- Being familiar with power generation, power distribution and frequency convertors.
- Leading skills.
- Speaking English fluently.
The company you will work for is a worldwide market leader in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherlands but it operates worldwide. Engineers choose to work for this organization because of the innovation and complexity of the products that the company develops. These are high-end and you will have the chance to see the product frequently, visiting the yard often and even going on sea-trials.
This is not a projected-based position, so the company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. You will receive special training during the first period of your employment, if needed. Depending on your experience, your base salary can be between 4300€ and 6.000 € gross per month. Moreover, you will have 38 holiday days and a flexible working environment.
Expats (EU) can count on our support for a smooth relocation to the Netherlands.
Are you the (Lead) Electrical Engineer Power Systems that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job! If you have any questions before your application please contact Joost Wenteler via +31(0)629578908 (WhatsApp 24/7) or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates with the EU citizenship will be considered for this role.