Lead Engineer (Hull / Outfitting)
Would you like to work on innovative Shipbuilding design projects? Do you have experience in 3D Modeling and detailed engineering? We are looking for experienced Lead Engineers who are able to lead a group of 5 engineers preparing detailed engineering for complex ships.
As a Lead Engineer, you will design and check hull (and outfitting) workshop drawings and production information packages. You will work in the detailed engineering department, leading a group of engineers and coordinating engineering work with the basic engineering and with the production department.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Leading a group of engineers and check their daily work.
- Preparing 3D line drawings for the hull and outfitting of hull sections for specialized offshore vessels according to basic design documentation.
- Prepare detailed engineering (execution drawings / production drawings).
- Provide technical information to the production department and create production friendly information packages.
- Working closely with classification societies.
- Communicating with internal engineers in overseas technical offices.
We are looking for someone who has a solid experience in detailed engineering and 3D modelling of big vessels. Having experience in detailed engineering is essential. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Having experience leading groups of engineers.
- Speaking English fluently.
- Experience in AutoCAD, NX, SolidEdge or Nupas.
- Already living in the Netherlands.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
The company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities.
Are you the Lead Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 06 29578908 (WhatsApp) or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.