Lead Engineer Mechanical
Are you a Mechanical Engineer in the Shipbuilding industry? Do you have strong affinity with Mechanical Systems? Then this could be your new position!
In this position you will be responsible for the execution of the Engineering activities related to Mechanical Engineering. This for the full engineering phases from basic till detailed engineering. You will supervise a small team of engineers and will coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Monitor a team of Engineers.
- Performing complex calculations related to Class, Flow and strength.
- Monitor the quality of the made engineering work of your team and subcontractors.
- Responsible for preparing technical specifications for equipment and systems.
- Reviewing of the 3D model.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer with at least 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering. A proactive approach is needed to be successful in this position. Furthermore, the ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Having at least a BSc degree or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Speaking Dutch language is a big plus.
- Having experience with AutoCAD and other relevant software.
- Only candidates with a EU permit will be considered for this role.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
Since this is a long-term position, the company will invest in your personal & professional development. We will assist you in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with administrative and tax related issues. Your salary will be competitive, based on your degree and work experience.
Are you the Lead Mechanical Engineer that we are looking for? Please get in contact with me or apply directly below!