Lead Hardware Engineer Nav/Com
Do you have experience engineering Nav/Com systems for ships and yachts? And do you have the capacity/ambition to lead an engineering team? We are looking for a Lead Hardware Engineer in the area of Rotterdam.
As a Lead Hardware Engineer, you will work on the engineering of navigation and communication systems for ships and yachts. You will prepare technical specifications regarding the equipment and you will design the systems. This position is based in the area of Rotterdam and you will be responsible for:
Specific duties in this role include:
- Lead an engineering team for the engineering and interfacing of Nav/Com systems for different kind of ships (offshore, navy and offshore, but especially yachts.)
- Analyzing data and (letting) them into engineering drawings, specifications and designs.
- Design for new ships and refit projects and providing materials and components based on material lists.
- Giving technical advice to the sales and service department.
We are looking for someone who has a solid experience in design of electrical, automation and or instrumentation systems in the maritime industry. You should be able to work with compass, autopilots, radar, Ecdis, GMDSS Systems (global maritime distress and safety systems), satellite, Integrated bridge systems, engine and steering gear control systems.
Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years of experience in the role of Electrical Engineer.
- At least 2 years of leading experience.
- Knowledge of Raytheon, Sailor, transas, Furuno, Dalenec, Skipper.
- Excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written.
Our client is a leading company in the development of Nav/Com and entertainment systems for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherlands but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
This is a project based position within a successful and dynamic organization with challenging projects in the maritime the industry. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities, being up to 4500€ gross per month. Furthermore, you will get good secondary benefits, such as 37 holiday days on a yearly base and travel allowance.
Elena Olteanu firstname.lastname@example.org