Lead Mechanical Engineer (Yacht Building)
Are you a Mechanical Engineer and do you have a strong affinity with luxurious yachts? We are looking for an experienced Engineer with the ability to lead a team. Are you up for this? Keep on reading!
In this position you will be responsible for the correct execution of the Engineering activities related to Mechanical systems. This for the full engineering phases from basic to detailed engineering. You will supervise a small team of engineers and will coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors. This position is based in Rotterdam area. Specific duties in this role include:
- Supervise and lead a team of Mechanical Engineers for the complete design of technical spaces, system diagrams, outfitting arrangements and equipment.
- Responsible for preparing technical specifications for equipment and systems.
- Performing complex calculations related to Class, Flow and strength.
- Monitor the quality of the made engineering work for your team and subcontractors.
For this position we are looking for an Engineer with extensive knowledge of the mechanical systems for luxurious yachts. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum five years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer, preferably in the Yacht Building industry.
- Extensive knowledge about software such as AutoCad. Knowing Nupas-Cadmatic can be a big plus.
- You have great communication skills in English.
- You are willing to travel on frequent bases.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 37 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the Lead Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +40 21 555 1189 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.