Lead Naval Architect – Yacht building
Are you a Naval Architect with experience in the Yacht building industry? Are you ready for a step as a Lead Engineer with the possibilities to grow professionally and personally? Keep on reading!
In this position you will be responsible for the correct execution of the Naval engineering activities. This for the newbuilding of luxurious yachts. Together with the team, you will perform the naval calculations and prepare arrangements. You will supervise a small team of engineers and will coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Responsible for the complete naval design, from basic to detailed.
- Performing naval calculations related to stability and weight.
- Preparing escape and ship’s safety arrangements.
- Monitoring the quality of the engineering work for the team and subcontractors.
- Preparing technical specifications.
For this position we are looking for a Naval Engineer with the ability to lead a small team. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc in Naval Architecture.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a Naval Engineer in the Yacht building industry.
- Extensive knowledge about software such as AutoCad and FEM.
- You have great communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch.
- You are willing to travel on frequent bases.
- You have experience with Nupas-Cadmatic software.
- You are already living in the Netherlands.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
This is not a project-based position, so the company will invest in you and your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities.
Rozanne Hagendoorn | +31 (0)88 – 62 62 803