Lead Structural Designer
Do you have experience in Structural Design and are you able to lead a team of Structural Designers? Do you have experience with maritime projects and are you looking for a new long-term challenge?
If so, you may just have found your new career step!
In this challenging role you will be responsible for managing a team of engineers who are specialized in developing ship structures and foundations. You coordinate the required work with the other disciplines within organizations (Mechanical Engineering and Shipbuilding) and you ensure the quality of the design work. This position is based in the Netherlands.
Your daily tasks include:
- Leading and motivating a team of Structural Designers.
- Preparing and checking construction plans for vessels hulls and other complex structures.
- Proving technical advice to the client and communicating with third parties involved in the project.
To be successful in this role we require the following requirements:
- BSc or MSc Mechanical Engineering, Naval Engineering or similar.
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the shipbuilding industry.
- At least 2 years of experience in a leading role within the technical office.
- Good command of 2D / 3D CAD software
- Solid experience in creating complex construction plans.
- Excellent English both written and spoken.
- Already living in the Netherlands.
Our client is among the top 10 engineering companies in the Netherlands, with a strong passion for technology. They are specialized in the development of projects within the Maritime and Offshore Shipbuilding. Last but not least, the company presents a great working environment.
- Challenging job within a leading company in the shipbuilding and naval industry.
- Good salary and benefits (including 31 holiday days).
- Great international working environment.
Are you the Lead Structural Designer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +40 21 555 1189 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.