Mechanical Engineer / Layout Engineer
Would you like to work in the engineering of new complex offshore ships? Do you have experience in the basic engineering of such projects and are you good at creating mechanical layouts? If so, you may just have found your new career opportunity!
As a Mechanical Engineer / Layout Engineer you will prepare preliminary layouts of areas such as the engine compartment and the pump room of customized offshore vessels. You will be part of the basic design team “Machinery and Piping” and you will work with 3D software such as Cadmatic. This position is based in the area of Rotterdam.
Specific duties in this role:
- Developing and completing formats in a 3D (using Cadmatic).
- Studying the regulations, service spaces, maintenance and various components in order to prepare correct layouts.
- Preparing 3D routing of all piping systems, cableways and ventilation ducts.
- Modelling and developing the necessary foundations for the components.
- Working on other activities, such as flex suspension exhaust pipes.
We are looking for an experienced Layout Engineer who can work with 3D modelling software and is familiar with regulations related to mechanical equipment installed on board of ships. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having more than 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Having experience with 3D software (preferably Cadmatic).
- Being stress resistant, customer oriented and a team player.
- Excellent command of the English language.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherlands, but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
This is a long-term challenge, so the company will invest in your personal & professional development. You will receive a base salary according to your experience and capabilities.. Besides this, you will have 37 holiday days and other interesting secondary benefits.
+31 88 – 62 62 804