Mechanical Engineer (LCE)
Do you have experience in engineering mechanical systems for vessels? Would you like to work for the most innovative offshore ships? If so, you just found your next career opportunity!
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will work in the Life Cycle Engineering department of a Shipbuilding company. You will develop basic engineering for modifications, renovations, improvements and upgrades for all kind of equipment and systems installed on offshore vessels. This position is based in the Netherlands, in the area of Rotterdam.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Develop engineering drawings, from concept design to production drawings.
- Work on feasibility and workability studies.
- Designing of machine engine room installations and piping systems.
- Creating and checking P&IDs and general arrangements.
- Keep contact with Lead Engineers, suppliers and the client.
- Cooperating with other engineering disciplines and have contact with classification societies.
We are looking for someone who has experience in basic design, preparing general arrangements, layouts and P&IDs for ships. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a MSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or similar.
- Having 5 years of relevant working experience, in the shipbuilding industry.
- Having experience working with 3D CAD software such as CADMATIC, SolidEdge or NX.
- Having a proactive, creative and flexible attitude.
- Having experience creating layouts for technical rooms, P&IDs, etc.
- Being familiar with classification societies.
- Speaking English fluently.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
This is a challenging full-time job within a great team. The company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities, being up to 4.500€ gross per month. If necessary, you will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues.
Andrea Vega Martínez
Are you the Mechanical Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 186 626259 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com. If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.