Mechanical Layout Engineer Conversions (Shipbuilding)
Would you like to work in the engineering of complex conversions projects in the shipbuilding? Do you have experience in a basic engineering environment and are you good at creating mechanical layouts? If so, you may just have found your new career opportunity!
As a Mechanical Layout Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of the workflow, from generating ideas through to production drawings. You will work with 3D software such as Cadmatic and you will be part of a multidisciplinary team. This position is based in the area of Rotterdam.
Specific duties in this role:
- Developing and completing formats in a 3D.
- Studying the regulations, service spaces, maintenance and various components in order to prepare correct layouts.
- Preparing 3D routing of all piping systems, cableways and ventilation ducts.
- Modelling and developing the necessary foundations for the components.
- Working on other activities, such as flex suspension exhaust pipes.
We are looking for an experienced Layout Engineer who can work with 3D modelling software and is familiar with regulations related to mechanical equipment installed on board of ships. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a minimum Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having more than 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Having experience with 3D software (knowing Nupas – Cadmatic or NX can be a big plus).
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Only EU nationals can be considered for this position.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
This is a long-term challenge, so the company will invest in you and your personal & professional development. You will receive a base salary according to your experience and capabilities, being up to 4.750€ gross per month. Besides this, you will have 37 holiday days and other interesting secondary benefits.
Are you the Mechanical Layout Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +40 21 555 1189 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org