P&IDs Engineer / Diagram Engineer
Would you like to work on innovative Shipbuilding design projects? Do you have experience in preparing P&IDs for vessels or complex industrial projects? If so, please have a look at this position! We are looking for experienced Diagrams Engineers who are able to help in piping and mechanical engineering for complex ships.
As a P&ID Engineer, you will design all piping systems on board of a ship. You will be responsible for classification society drawings and you will have contact with customers regarding technical specifications. Moreover, you will set up technical specifications, receive and asses quotes and cooperate with the purchasing department. This job position is based in the area of Rotterdam.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Generating one-line piping diagrams for systems such as ballast systems, cooling water etc.
- Performing calculations for thickness and pipe diameters.
- Following up the detailed, construction and commissioning phases of the project.
- Specifying necessary components based on construction specifications and regulations.
We are looking for someone who has experience in preparing P&IDs for shipbuilding projects or industrial projects. Having experience in basic engineering is essential. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Having experience with CADMATIC is a very big plus.
- Speaking English fluently.
- Our client prefers candidates with EU citizenship.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
This is a long-term position, so the company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities.