Project Manager (Engineering) – Cruise vessels
Are you an experienced Engineer and would you like to help a leading shipbuilding company setting up a new business unit related to cruise vessels? Please read on, because we are looking for you!
In this position you will be responsible for managing complex engineering projects for new cruise vessels.. You will be the first contact for clients, classification societies, the engineering team and the engineering subcontractors. Our client expects that you will be on board of the ship during the trials.
We are looking these specialist for multiple disciplines such as: Shipbuilding, Mechanical and Electrical & Instrumentation.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Planning and estimating the engineering activities.
- Managing and supervising the engineering team. The team includes Senior and Junior Engineers.
- Managing the subcontractors for basic and detailed engineering work.
- Having contact with clients w.r.t. the engineering specifications.
- Having contact with classification societies during the full approval processes.
- Responsible for the delivery of documentation to the production teams.
- Monitoring the planning, costs and progress of the engineering projects.
- Responsible for keeping the best environment in the team and arranging moments of evaluation.
For this position we are looking for a Naval Architect/Engineer with experience in leading an engineering team. This in relation to complex projects for the new building of cruise vessels.
Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc in Naval Architecture, Shipbuilding, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical.
- A minimum of three years of experience with managing engineering projects for your specialism.
- You have very good communication skills, have a perfect overview of the project and you are a team player.
- You have a perfect command of the English language.
- You are able to travel to execute the projects as good as possible.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
This is a permanent position, so the company will invest in you and your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities, being up to €5500 gross per month.
Tugce Sekmen +31 88 – 62 62 802