Project Manager Engineering Offshore / Dredging
Are you a Naval Engineer or Mechanical Engineer with experience as a Project Manager? Do you have a strong affinity with the Dredging industry? Would you like to work for a leading company in the maritime industry? If so, you just found your next career step!
As a Project Manager Engineering you will be responsible for managing and developing of complex engineering projects for dredgers or offshore vessels. You will be in contact with the Proposal Team, Classification Societies, different engineering teams and engineering subcontractors. Moreover, you will be on board of ships during sea trials. This position is based in The Netherlands.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Planning and estimating the engineering activities.
- Checking designs and managing the basic, detailed and production engineering work.
- Managing work of subcontractors and being in contact with clients, Classification Societies and suppliers.
- Coordinating one or more projects in the same time & reporting project status.
- Supporting engineering work during the construction of the ship.
- Monitoring / Planning costs and progress of the engineering projects.
For this position we are looking for a Naval Architect or Mechanical Engineer with experience as a Project Manager within the Shipbuilding or Offshore Industry. Additionally the following requirements should be met:
- Having a BSc degree in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering.
- Having at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the Dredging industry.
- Being a team player.
- Having leadership skills.
- Being familiar with classification society rules.
- Having experience with AutoCAD and Nupas – Cadmatic is preferred.
- Speaking English fluently and preferably Dutch.
- Willing to travel.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. You will receive special training during the first period of your employment, if needed. Moreover, the company offers additional benefits and a flexible working environment. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues.
Tugce Sekmen +31(0)88- 62 62 802 | email@example.com