Are you a Dutch project manager with experience and interested in challenging but rewarding defense projects at the Royal Navy? You can keep on reading!
As a Project Manager, you will lead and manage challenging projects. This includes managing design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and delivery according to the specification, time and budget, independently, realizes the integral project management of (sub) projects. You will lead the maintenance group which is responsible for the technical optimisation of Frigates and Patrol Vessels (OPV).
Specific duties in this role:
Independently realizes the integral project management of (sub) projects in the areas of quality, time and budget, in order to realize the (sub)project within the mandated preconditions by:
- Shaping a project strategy that can be phased in accordance with an uniform working method realised;
- Drawing up a project initiation document in which the project strategy in activities, products and (financial) milestones has been worked out in more detail and the necessary material and human resources are available.
- Risk Management
- Drawing up schedules for the necessary activities, the identified milestones, financial obligations and the necessary personnel and material resources;
- The periodic preparation of reports on the results achieved, and on the basis of those results make proposals about possible desired adjustments to the previously established project strategy and conditions.
Consults with the head of the Projects section on project matters or reports about this by:
- Presenting the progress of the running projects
- Translating the obtained confirmations or instructions into concrete project activities and reporting on the integration of these activities in the integrated project management;
- Advising department heads in preparation for consultations with (sometimes foreign) counterparts.
Managing multidisciplinary project teams.
- Dutch nationality.
- Having at least BSc in mechanical or electrical engineering, shipbuilding.
- Project management certificate such as IPMA-C or PRINCE2 Practitioner.
- Having leadership skills, structured way of working and able to make right decisions under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch English and English.
- At least 5 years of experience into the maritime industry in the last 15 years.
The work is carried out at DMI within the project management section of the maintenance group of Frigates of the Royal Netherlands Navy Command.
- A long-term position within the Dutch Defence Organisation.
- Good salary conditions depending on your education and experience, schedule flexibility 5 days/week or 4 days/week 9h/day.
- We offer challenging and very varied projects and technically diverse systems (weapons).
- You will be deployed via U-People at the Navi yard in Den Helder at DMI.
- Project duration is approximately 2-5 years. Expecting to end in 2027. Working from home 1 or 2 days a week is no problem! We are happy to tell you more about the total employment conditions package.
If you are the specialist we are looking for, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31622357275 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com. Your details will be treated confidentially. Do not apply if you are not a Dutch citizen.