Do you have experience with managing the entire tender process for maintenance and conversion projects for the shipbuilding / oil&gas / offshore sector? Do you enjoy working on tender activities in the (pre) engineering phase of the projects? If so, please check this new Proposal Engineer vacancy!
In this position you will be part of the Project Engineering department and you will prepare proposals for offshore vessels, for complex conversion & ship repair projects. Moreover, you will be responsible for processing the applications and ensuring an optimal tender engineering process.
Specific duties in this job:
- Being responsible for having contact with (new) clients and identifying sales opportunities.
- Having contact with clients and translating request and needs into proposals.
- Managing a tender team and setting up a tender plan in collaboration with team members.
- Preparing technical proposals in collaboration with the engineering department and other departments inside the organization.
- Negotiating and discussing technical issues with the client including design, specifications and other documents.
- Identifying bottlenecks and making recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluating the tender activities.
To be successful in this role, we require the following:
- BSc/MSc in Shipbuilding, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience within the shipbuilding industry and/or industrial environment.
- Having experience with making successful offers for maintenance & conversion projects.
- Experience with engineering, design and budgetary activities for relevant projects.
- Having experience in the offshore sector for R&D projects is a plus.
- Being familiar with AutoCAD and MS-office.
- Having eye for detail and great managerial skills.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language.
Our client is a leading company in the maritime industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design, build, maintain and repair various types of ships. They are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
- Challenging job within a leading company.
- A perfect opportunity to grow and develop your professional career in the Netherlands.
- Great international working environment.