R&D Automation Engineer
Do you want to work in one of the most innovative maritime research departments in the Netherlands? Would you like to become a specialist in the field of ship systems automation? We have a challenging opportunity for you!
In this position, you will be involved, together with the R&D team, in the developments of the projects concerning systems integration of complex control systems and decision support systems in close collaboration with classifications and ship construction. This is a permanent position based in South Holland.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Involved in the ship design process of next generation automation solutions.
- Providing support to proposal projects by understanding and interpreting requirements set by potential clients.
- Responsible to evaluate, develop and test integrated mission management solutions.
- Functioning as an advisory body towards other R&D disciplines, Engineering and Services departments.
- Evaluating the technical performance of new automation technologies during engineering, production and commissioning phase.
We are looking for an engineer willing to develop in R&D projects and that has affinity with automation systems for ships. Furthermore, the following requirements should be met in order to be successful in this job position:
- Having a relevant BSc degree or MSc degree.
- Experience in graphical user interface design and programming.
- Knowledge of marine systems integration and classification societies and their rules & regulations is a plus.
- Knowledge in developing processes such as Scrum and IT architecture solutions onboard vessels.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the R&D Automation Engineer that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any other questions before your application, please contact Elena Olteanu at +316 3011 1222. Your information will be treated confidentially!
Please note this position is only open to EU citizens.
Applications from other nationalities will not be considered.