R&D Engineer Mechanical
Are you passionate research & development engineer? Do you have experience designing special structures within a production environment? We offer you a challenge in the area of Dordrecht!
As a R&D Mechanical Engineer you will design products for offshore, defence and shipbuilding industry. You will work on special sheet metal products and collaborate closely with the production department.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Developing special products for defence, offshore, shipbuilding and Chemical industry;
- Based on clients requirements setting up the technical specifications;
- Constantly reflect on existing equipment, structures and installations (improving, manufacturability, costs, etc);
- Making strength- and heat transfer calculations;
- Prototyping, supervise the production of prototypes and report the test results;
- Reporting your progress to the manager R&D.
We are looking for R&D Engineer with wide knowledge of production techniques, thermodynamics and strength calculations. You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar job position. Furthermore, the following requirements should be met in order to be successful in this job position:
- BSc or MSc degree Mechanical, Technical physics or comparable studies;
- Having knowledge of thermodynamics and strength calculations;
- Experience in R&D projects and pragmatic way of thinking (knowledge of production and welding techniques):
- Being able to work with 3D CAD, FEM, ERP and MS Office;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Speaking English on independent user level.
Our client is a designer and manufacturer of special equipment used in Oil & Gas, Defence, Shipbuilding and (Petro) chemical industry.
An interesting and challenging R&D job within a small but specialized company in Dordrecht (50 fte). We offer a competitive salary package including extra benefits which we will explain in a personal interview.
Are you the R&D Engineer we are looking for? Apply directly for this job by sending your CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions before your application please contact Laura Popescu at +31 88 – 62 62 804.