Senior Mechanical Engineer (Marine Systems)
Are you a Mechanical / Marine Engineer and do you have experience in the shipbuilding industry? Do you have experience with the full engineering process and are you ready to take a next step in your career? We are looking for an experienced Engineer who would like to manage internal and external engineering parties.
In this position you will be responsible for coordinating and controlling the engineering activities for marine systems. This includes mechanical systems, piping and HVAC. You mainly coordinate subcontractors and review the executed engineering work, but you also control the internal engineering team.
Specific duties in this role:
- Prepare lay-outs, basic design drawings and prepare calculations.
- Coordinating & controlling subcontractors in relation to the engineering, progress and planning.
- Coordinating & controlling the full engineering process from basic to detail design.
- On request, providing input for new projects and possible quality improvement.
- Support the production department on technical issues and attend tests such as FAT, SAT etc..
- Being one of the first contact persons for clients, suppliers and classification societies.
For this position we are looking for an experienced engineer, ready for a next step in his/her carrier.
Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a technical BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering of Marine Engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience as an Engineer for Marine/Mechanical systems.
- Experience with the full engineering process from basic to detail design.
- Experience with the engineering of commercial ships such as cruise ships or ferry’s is high appreciated.
- General knowledge about classifications and international rules and regulations.
Our client is a leading company in the commercial shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
This is not a project-based position, so the company will invest in you and your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities.
Are you the Marine Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 (0) 6 2239 6497 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.