Senior Project Buyer
Would you like to be responsible for complex, international purchasing projects for one of the biggest shipbuilding companies worldwide? We are looking for a Senior Buyer with excellent technical and commercial skills!
As a Senior Project Buyer you have an important role in the purchasing activities for a large shipbuilding company in the Netherlands.You will be responsible for the purchasing and outsourcing activities for large international projects, including contract management with necessary negotiations and dealing with warranty / liability issues.
Specific duties in this role:
- Responsible for the complete purchasing processes for large, international and technical projects.
- Responsible for the purchasing of materials, components, equipment and services.
- Responsible for outsourcing parts of the project and coordinating the procurement processes.
- Providing information for budgeting and cost calculations. Besides this providing progress and financial reports.
- Being actively be involved in market research for potential collaborations with new suppliers.
For this position we are looking for an experienced Project Buyer with a technical background and the ability to lead a small purchasing team.
What we are expecting:
- A technical Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of experience in a position as Purchaser/Buyer in an international, technical environment.
- Extensive experience with drawing up contracts and contract management.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical and shipbuilding components.
- Being commercial with excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience in the defense industry is a big plus.
- For candidates from abroad: This is a long-term position, relocation to the Netherlands is required.
The company where you will work is a worldwide market leader in the engineering and production of specialized vessels. The company is based in the Netherlands, but had shipyards and offices worldwide. Because of the high amount of projects the department is growing rapidly and in need of a driven senior!
We offer you a long-term position within one of the leading companies in the shipbuilding industry. For this position we expect you to be up-and-running very quick, but the company will invest in you professional and personal growth. The salary is depending on education and experience, but will be up-to €6000,- gross a month. Besides this we offer you a good package of secondary benefits such as 37 holiday days and travel allowance.
Andrea Vega Martínez +31 88 – 62 62 802