Senior Structural Designer
Do you have a solid experience in structural design? Do you have experience with maritime projects and are you looking for a new long-term challenge? If so, you may just have found your new career step!
As a Senior Structural Designer, you will be involved in the development of the geometric design of naval vessels, floating offshore units and special vessels, following the full engineering process, from concept to detailed engineering. You will support the lead structural designer and supervise junior designers while contributing to the development of the structural discipline.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Preparing and checking construction plans for vessels hulls and other complex structures.
- Coordinating and controlling feasibility and risk analyses when preparing construction plans.
- Having technical meetings with clients, classification societies, suppliers and other third parties.
We are looking for someone who has a solid experience in shipbuilding. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc Mechanical Engineering, Naval Engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the shipbuilding industry.
- Good command of 2D / 3D CAD software.
- Solid experience in creating complex construction plans.
- Excellent English both written and spoken.
Our client is among the top 10 engineering companies in the Netherlands, with a strong passion for technology. They are specialized in the development of projects within the Maritime and Offshore Shipbuilding. Last but not least, the company presents a great working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 31 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the Sr. Structural Designer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +316 3011 1222 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your details will be treated confidentially!