Are you a driven Service Engineer who can independently carry out commissioning, service and maintenance work on electrical installations on board ships? Would you like to join a leading maritime supplier who engineers and installs innovative, integrated electrical system solutions for the maritime, dredging and offshore industries? If so, you just found your next career opportunity!
As a Service Engineer, you are responsible for remedying faults in sensors, cabling, system cabinets and other installation parts by replacing parts, adjusting settings, repairing parts, etc. This position is based in the Rotterdam area but it entails travelling all over the world.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Preparing the service reports.
- Commissioning new installations.
- Testing the cabling, sensors and systems for proper operation.
- Identifying sources of interference and, of course, also resolving them.
- Prepared to board the plane at any time to help the client and solve issues as quickly as possible.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced power systems engineer with a Bachelor’s (BSc) or Master’s (MSc) in Electrical Engineering or a similar field of study. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Some years of work experience in a similar position (maritime industry).
- Knowledge of dredging technology and processes, automation technology (basic knowledge), high voltage technology (basic knowledge).
- Knowledge of standards, safety regulations, quality and inspection requirements.
- The ideal candidate is independent, proactive and customer oriented.
- Ability to perform well under high pressure.
- Flexible and willingness to travel frequently in The Netherlands and abroad.
- A good command of Dutch, German and English (oral and written).
You will work for one of the world’s top maritime suppliers!
- Long-term position in a leading maritime supplier with the ambition to be a global top 3 player in electrical installations for the maritime, construction, dredging and offshore industries.
- Assistance with relocating to the Netherlands as well as with bureaucratic and tax related issues.
- Very competitive base salary, depending on your experience and capabilities.
- Travel allowance.
- Pension scheme.
- 38 days off within a year.
- Friendly, informal work environment, active staff association and a monthly Friday afternoon staff drink.
- Excellent development opportunities within the company.
Are you the Service Engineer that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your resume to email@example.com
If you have any questions before your application please contact Mihai at +31 6 30 01 41 81 or +40 215 551 190.