Shock & Noise Specialist
Do you want to work in one of the most innovative maritime research departments in the Netherlands? Would you like to become a specialist in the field of underwater noise and shocks and the impact they have on the ship’s construction? We have a challenging opportunity for you!
In this position, you will be involved, together with the R&D team, in the developments of the projects concerning shock, underwater sound and inboard sound, in close collaboration with classifications and ship construction.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Functioning as an advisory body towards other R&D disciplines, Engineering and Services departments.
- Defining underwater noise and vibrations with regard to the internal and external ship construction.
- Analysis of the impact on ship structures by external impact of, for example, mines.
- Maintaining contact with clients, structural engineers and regulatory bodies.
We are looking for an Engineer willing to develop in R&D projects and that has affinity with construction, noise and vibration for ships. Furthermore, the following requirements should be met in order to be successful in this job position:
- Having a BSc degree or MSc degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering.
- Knowledge on underwater shock, inboard noise and underwater noise onboard ships.
- Experienced in relevant software tools, such as FEMAP or ANSYS.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in the Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
Since this is a long-term position, the company will invest in your personal & professional development. We will assist you in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with administrative and tax related issues. The salary will be based on your degree and work experience.
Are you the Specialist Shock & Noise that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any other questions before your application please contact Elena Olteanu at +316 3011 1222
Your information will be treated confidentially!