Site Project Manager (Shipbuilding)
Do you have experience in managing the construction process of complex vessels? Would you like to act as a Site Manager of a new build ship? We are looking for an experienced Production Manager for the construction of an Antarctic Research Vessel which will be built in Romania.
As a Production Project Manager, you will work for a leading company which builds complex vessels worldwide. You will be responsible for a project being built in Romania, and reporting directly to the Project Director, you will manage the project scope, quality standards, budget and timelines. Moreover, you will ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the customer. For this role, you will relocate to Galati, Romania and the expected duration of the project is 18 months. Specific duties in this role:
- Manage supply chain activities, subcontractors and activities happening in the construction site.
- Prepare the master project plan and monitor the progress of work, always taking into account costs, quality and deadlines.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment at the working site during all project phases.
- Give support to the commissioning, trials and testing phases, including HAT, BAT and SAT.
- Represent the company to customers and maintain a close connection with them.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who would like to run a project from Galati, Romania. The ideal candidate had a solid experience in managing the construction of new building vessels. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a MSc in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Having 5 years of experience in the manufacturing of complex vessels at international manufacturing yards.
- Having a good understanding of financial management.
- Experience working in complex project environments and being good at building coalitions.
- Speaking English fluently. Knowing Dutch can be a plus.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company is based in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
This is a project-based position in which you will work as an expat in Romania. This way, you will get an interesting base salary + the expat allowances for such a project. Besides this, accommodation and transport will be arranged in Romania.You will have 37 to 40 holiday days. The job involves hard-working but also freedom on acting and taking decisions on site.
Are you the Site Project Manager that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +4021 555 11 89 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com. Your details will be treated confidentially.