Sr. Shipbuilding Engineer / Naval Architect
Would you like to work on innovative Shipbuilding design projects? Do you have experience in concept or basic engineering? If so, please have a look at this position! We are looking for experienced engineers who are able to prepare accurate design packages for customized vessels.
As a Shipbuilding Engineer, you will design, develop and analyse hulls and structures for big offshore vessels. You will develop shipbuilding designs according to customer requirements and taking into account the standards of the company related to quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Studying technical requirements from the customer related to products, quality and materials.
- Preparing structural 3D (2D) models of new ships based on technical specifications.
- Performing structural design, strength calculations and FEM Analysis.
- Discussing technical drawings (basic engineering) with other (Lead) Engineers and stakeholders.
- Identifying bottlenecks in the process and making improvement suggestions.
- Guiding and helping other Shipbuilding Engineers.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the Shipbuilding industry, preferably having experience in the design of big vessels. Having experience in basic engineering is essential. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. We are considering also Lead Engineers for this role or candidates who are willing to grow in a position as Lead Engineer. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a BSc / MSc in Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having at least 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Speaking English fluently.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company is based in the Netherlands, but it operates worldwide. You will work at the office located in Bucharest, Romania.
- Challenging direct employment job within a leading company.
- Competitive salary and good working conditions.
- Additional bonus and relocation fee.
Are you the Shipbuilding Engineer that we are looking for? You can reach me by calling +31 88 – 62 62 804 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com. Please send your CV before 22nd of January. Your details will be treated confidentially.