Team Leader Standardization
Do you have experience with standardization of mechanical components? Are you good at optimization of (engineering) processes and do you have affinity with the maritime industry? If so, you just for your next career opportunity!
As a Team Leader Standardization, you work within the Marine and Propulsion engineering department of a company that designs and builds complex vessels. You will lead and coordinate the standardization team, working on the creation, maintenance and distribution of standards and you will regularly update standards, norms, rules and regulations. On the other hand, you will be the first point of contact for all matters regarding standardization and will be in contact with suppliers about standardization of components. This position is based in the south of the Netherlands.
Specific duties in this role:
- Lead and coach a group of engineers who work on standardization of machinery and marine components.
- Organize and coordinate standardization work per project (vessel) to lower costs and shorten design time.
- Updating standards, rules, regulations of marine equipment.
- Maintaining contact with suppliers regarding component’s standardizations.
- Keep close contact with the purchasing, work preparation and production departments.
- Drawing components in 2D to be standardized (or assisting this task).
We are looking for an experienced mechanical engineer who has previously worked on standardization projects or who is very familiar with marine components and propulsion systems of ships. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a technical BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience coordinating teams of professionals.
- Having knowledge of marine and mechanical systems.
- Being accurate and able to work with 2D software such as AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Excellent command of the English and Dutch language.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company is based in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
This is a long-term job opportunity, so the company will invest in you and your personal & professional development. You will receive a base salary according to your experience and capabilities, being from 3.300€ to 4.700€ gross per month. Besides this, you will have approximately 40 holiday days and other interesting secondary benefits.
Andrea Vega Martínez
Are you the Teamleader Standardization that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 186 6262802 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your details will be treated confidentially.