Valves & Fittings Engineer (Shipbuilding)
- For you: work with specifications of valves and fittings for complex ships.
- For us: we are looking for an engineer who knows about valves and fittings and can document these parts.
As a Specifications Engineer Valves & Fittings, you will be responsible for the documentation of several mechanical components installed in large complex military ships. Working in the Marine & Propulsion department, you will prepare and review technical specifications for the valves and fittings of ships. This way, you will select, specify and document these components.
What will be your focus?
- Select components according to ship specifications, norms and standards.
- Maintain contact with different stakeholders in the projects in relation to valves & fittings.
- Enter all specifications in the data management system of the company.
- Write technical specifications of components for orders and RFQs.
- Collaborating with the purchasing department.
- Witnessing FAT’s (factory acceptance tests) at suppliers’facilities.
We are looking for a mechanical engineer who is able to read P&IDs and who wants to work on complex shipbuilding projects. Moreover, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a BSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Being familiar with piping, valves and fittings.
- Having experience in the maritime industry or in the petrochemical industry.
- Speaking English fluently.
- Willing to travel (internationally), occasionally.
The company you will work for is a worldwide market leader in the development specialized vessels. The company is based in the Netherlands but it operates worldwide.
This is not a projected-based position, so the company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. Your salary will depend on your years of relevant working experience, being up to 3.200€ gross per month. Moreover, you will have 37 holiday days and travel allowance.
Are you the Valves & Fittings Engineer that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job by sending your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions before your application please contact Andrea Vega at 0031 (0) 186626259 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.