Weight Naval Architect
Are you a Naval Architect looking for a new long-term position? Do you have a strong affinity for preparing weight calculations for ships? Then, we are looking for you!
In this position you will be involved, together with the R&D team, in the first engineering phase of naval vessels and you will work with the proposal team. You collect weight data from various systems and components on board and you make weight calculations. Together with the hydrodynamic and hydromechanical engineers, you immediately ensure that the ships are designed and built correctly.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Making weight and centre of gravity analyses in the concept phase of the design.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of processes for the collection and processing of data.
- Provide advice on ship designs in the concept phase, related to weight estimates and margins.
- Communicate with various departments due to changes in the concept design phase.
- Bachelor degree in naval architecture, maritime engineer or equivalent.
- Previous experience in weight control, preferably in the maritime industry.
- Experience with programming or data analysis software.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English language.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
Since this is a long-term position, the company will invest in your personal & professional development. We will assist you in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with administrative and tax related issues. The salary will be based on your degree and work experience.
Are you the Weight Naval Architect that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your CV to email@example.com. If you have any other questions before your application, please contact Elena Olteanu at +316 3011 1222. Your information will be treated confidentially.