Automation Engineer (maritime projects)
We are looking for an Automation Engineer with broad experience in complex engineering projects. If that’s you, keep on reading!
As Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the design and functional development of complete automation systems on board of vessels. You will be involved from the first project phase and support the commissioning department within the execution phase of the project. You will report to the Team Leader Automation and to the Manager Engineering.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Performing design and calculations for the proposal phase of the project.
- Preparing specifications and technical documents
- Checking designs and the quality of subcontracted work.
- Performing cost analysis on received offers from subcontractors/suppliers with the purchase department.
- Offering support for producing and submitting proposals to customers.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Supporting the commissioning and installation activities on board.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer with experience and broad knowledge of automation systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering or another relevant technical study
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and installation of complex automation systems.
- Experienced in the functional development of Control & Monitoring systems.
- Experienced to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Having great communication skills in English.
- Willing to work in other locations and abroad.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the Automation Engineer (maritime projects) that we are looking for? If so, please apply via the button below. For more details, you can call at +316 3011 1222 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note this position is open only to EU citizens or those in possession of a Dutch work permit.
Applications from other nationalities will not be considered.