- What personal data do we collect?
- How and when do we collect personal data?
- Why do we collect personal data?
- With whom can we share your personal data?
- How long do we keep your data?
- Can you access, rectify or delete personal data?
- Other matters
- Privacy statement website
1. What personal data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
Candidates & (interim) professionals
- Public profile information from social media and public sources, like LinkedIn, Facebook and other public data sources.
- Name and address details, email address, telephone number and other contact details.
- Date of birth if it is included in your CV or if you have given it to us.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Information about short-term availability and leave as far as relevant.
- Other data that are or may be important in the context of assessing your suitability as a potential candidate for a vacancy. For example salary (indications), information from interviews, language skills, nationality, possible references and testimonials. All information we collect from you is always provided on a voluntary basis.
- U-People never records special personal data unless this is legally required. ‘Special personal data’ refers to data on race, religion or belief, political opinion, health, sexual orientation, trade union membership, criminal data and/or personal data about unlawful behavior.
In addition, at the moment that an (interim) professional starts working as an employee or in assignment of or with U-People:
- Data related to the administration and/or personnel administration: name and address details, identification, diplomas, citizen service number, if necessary.
- Possibly VAT number, address and location, identification, work permit, if necessary, timesheets and incoming and outgoing invoice details.
- In addition, we sometimes process data for our clients in the context of pre-employment screening (PES). Specifically for this screening, data can be requested such as Declaration on Behavior (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) and training statements. Providing this information is always voluntarily.
- Name, address, work location details, email address, telephone number, function.
- Contact opportunities and appointments.
With regard to our website visitors who register for our commercial newsletter, want to receive one of the whitepapers or publications or want to receive our vacancy newsletters: First name, last name and email address.
2. How and when do we collect personal data?
Candidates & (interim) professionals:
- We collect personal data from the moment data is left on our website via direct registration or via reactions to externally placed vacancy statements and/or if you register with us in another way (to use our services).
- We collect data from the moment that digital or personal contact is sought with our office and/or recruitment professionals.
- We collect data when one of our professionals actively seeks contact with external candidates. We will then always ask for permission to keep your details.
- The personal data are received and processed by our professionals or automatically processed if someone registers to our job alert.
Contact details of employees of clients, suppliers and any other organization with which we maintain a business relationship:
- We collect personal data from the moment data is left on our website via direct registration and/or if you register yourself in another way (to use our services).
- We collect data when our professionals actively seek contact with clients.
- The personal data are received and processed by our professionals or automatically processed if someone registers to one of our newsletters and/or job alerts.
We collect personal data from the moment data is left on our website in relation to the newsletters and/or job alerts subscriptions.
3. Why do we collect personal data?
Candidates & (interim) professionals:
We collect and process data solely for the execution of recruitment services, including job placement services (search and selection, executive search, interim assignments) and recruitment projects that we carry out under the company name or brand name of our clients. More specifically, personal data are collected and processed:
- For mediation purposes: to assess suitability and availability in connection with placement of permanent or temporary work or assignment.
- To be able to make offers and/or to provide information about our services and other activities directly linked to these.
- When establishing and maintaining a mediation relationship.
- For carrying out proper administration and compliance with legislation and regulations such as identification, labor legislation, tax and social security legislation, NEN ISO 4400-1 and SNA guidelines.
- For management purposes such as internal management information, auditing and monitoring and for quality purposes such as executing recruitment reports and sourcing reports to customers.
- To be able to make offers and/or to provide information about our services and other activities directly related thereto.
- When establishing and maintaining a business relationship.
- To be able to record an order in an agreement with the client and to maintain and fulfill the agreement with the client.
- For carrying out proper administration and recording and following up agreements.
We only collect the data from visitors who have given their consent. This information is intended to address a person by their first and last name and the email address is required to send job alerts.
4. With whom can we share your personal data?
- U-People can pass on your personal data to our clients. Your personal data may be transferred outside the Netherlands if our client is located there.
- U-People shares personal data in all cases where we are legally obliged to do so.
- U-People can pass on your personal data to other U-People colleagues and any subcontractor who provide services on our behalf or carry out assignments for the services mentioned here to support our business operations.
5. How long do we keep your data?
Candidates & (interim) professionals:
- In general, if you have given permission for the storage of your data, we work with a standard retention period of 24 months, calculated from the date on which you have granted permission.
- In case of a mediation relationship we will retain your data 24 months from the moment the mediation process ends with a client, this is independent of the end result.
- If you start an interim assignment or temporary assignment, we will save your data 24 months after the end of your assignment. The financial data associated with this have a statutory retention period of 7 years.
- Data from employees of prospect customers are kept for 24 months.
- Data from employees of customers are kept for a period of 5 years after the last moment of contact.
If you have given permission for the storage of your data for receiving a job alert or newsletter, we will work with a storage period of 24 months.
6. Can you access, rectify or delete personal information?
You can always request access to the data we store about you. You can change data if you wish so. You can also ask us to delete your data. If you wish, you can contact our Privacy Officer, who can be reached directly at email@example.com. If you wish so, we will delete all your data, unless processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a statutory duty, substantiation of a legal claim or another ground from the GDPR.
7. Other matters
We make every effort to optimally protect your personal data against unauthorized use. We do this on the basis of physical, administrative, organizational and technical measures. If data are provided to data processors who provide services or carry out assignments on behalf of us, we has agreed with them that they also optimally protect the personal data.
Questions, comments, complaints or (suspicion of) data breach
If you have ideas, additions, complaints about privacy protection or if you have other questions about this, you can direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The privacy officer of U-People is Hendrik de Widt, Operations Director.
8. Privacy statement website
U-People collects and processes data about visitors to this website for business operations and to be able to develop and/or update website statistics. With this information we improve the quality of our website.
Article 1: General
Article 2: Data processing
U-People collects and processes data from visitors to this website for the benefit of its business operations, for collection of website statistics and for advertising purposes. We will never resell, let or otherwise share the personal information you provide to third parties, except to third parties who are called in to provide the information you requested or if we are legally obliged to do so.
Article 3: Cookies
- Functional cookies
Functional cookies store information about the choices that visitors make on our website and ensure that the use of the website facilitates a subsequent visit (for example by remembering the login details).
- Web statistics cookies
U-People collects information about how visitors use our website. This information is measured using Google Analytics and enables U-People to better tailor information on the website to the needs of visitors. The data are collected anonymously and used for no other purpose than to improve the website. The collected data will not be made available to third parties.
- Advertising or targeting cookies
U-People places cookies on this website that measure the surfing behavior of visitors. Using this information, it is measured, among other things, whether an advertising campaign is relevant for a specific target group. These cookies also make it possible to tailor the offer on this website or on websites of third parties to the surfing behavior and the interests of visitors. These cookies can also be used to limit the number of times an advertisement is displayed.
- Referral to third parties
U-People uses links and buttons on its website that refer to websites of third parties. Such as the network services Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. When a visitor clicks on such a link or button, he leaves the website of U-People and the cookie use of the third party applies.
- Sign out
When you visit www.upeople.nl you are asked to agree that U-People places cookies on your device. If you do not want U-People to place cookies on your device, you can change the cookie settings of your browser. Note that you must adjust the settings separately for each browser and device you use. How you can adjust the settings differs per browser. If necessary, consult the help function of your browser.
Article 4: Third-party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to this website by means of links.
Article 5: Changes to the privacy statement
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. Any changes will be published on this website.
Article 6: Questions and information
If you have questions about the way in which U-People handles your personal data or if you want us to change or delete your personal data, you can contact us via email: email@example.com.
You can reach us via email. However, the transport of email messages is never 100% secure. By sending confidential and/or sensitive information to us via email without encryption, you accept the risk that this information will be made known to third parties.
U-People offers the information on this website as a form of service for its clients and the internet community. Although we take the utmost care in compiling the information provided on this website, we cannot guarantee that this information is always complete, correct or accurate. Nor do we guarantee that their use leads to the right results or that the information is suitable for specific purposes.
We cannot guarantee that the use of the information on this website does not infringe the rights of third parties. Under no circumstances are U-People, its shareholders and/or employees liable for any damage whatsoever, direct or indirect, arising in any way from and/or resulting from the use of the (information on the) website.
A number of hyperlinks on this website lead to websites that are maintained by third parties that are not controlled by U-People. U-People gives no guarantee whatsoever regarding the correctness or completeness of the information on these websites. The presence of hyperlinks to third-party websites does not mean that we sponsor or endorse the content thereof.
The information on this website can be changed by us at any time. We try to keep the information on the website up to date. If you have questions about the information on the website, you can of course always contact us.