Electrical Engineer (Shipbuilding)
Do you have experience in the design of electrical equipment and systems for new ships? Are you an expert in power generation and power distribution? Would you like to work for an innovative company leader in the offshore, dredging and shipbuilding industry? If so, you just found your next career step!
As an Electrical Engineer, you will develop basic& detailed electrical engineering for offshore vessels, dredgers and special equipment for the offshore industry.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Performing engineering for: Power balance, Electrical schematics switchboards, Outline drawings switchboards, Lay-out, locations components inside switchboards, Thermal calculation for switchboards, Cable calculations (type and dimension), Short circuit and selectivity calculations.
- Preparing single line diagrams, choosing the right equipment and studying offers from suppliers.
- Working on the electrical systems philosophy and preparing technical specifications for the electrical equipment of the ship.
- Responsible for general arrangement plans and different calculations.
- Giving technical support to the production department.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who has experience in the design of distribution / control cabinets and has at least 2+ years of experience in a similar role, ideally in the maritime or heavy industry. Moreover, the ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Having a BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Having experience in producing engineering drawings for machine building.
- Being familiar with software such as E-Plan and AutoCAD.
- Being able to work with automated systems.
- Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken (able to communicate in Dutch is a plus).
The company you will work for is a worldwide market leader in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. Engineers choose to work for this organization because of the innovation and complexity of the products that the company develops. These are high-end and you will have the chance to see the product frequently, visiting the yard often and even going on sea-trials.
This is a long term position, so the company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities.
Laura Popescu +31 88 – 62 62 804