Are you an Outfitting Engineer and do you have a strong affinity for the shipbuilding sector? Do you want to be part of an enthusiastic team of Engineers, coordinating the outfitting/interior engineering activities of living, working, recreation and storage areas on board ships? Keep on reading!
In this position you will be responsible for the correct execution of the engineering activities related to walls, floors, ceilings, insulation plans, layout of accommodations. This for the full engineering phases from basic to detailed design.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Developing the required information, such as, plans, technical specifications, system description.
- Preparing 2D and 3D engineering drawings.
- Contacting clients and subcontractors regarding technical issues.
- Being responsible for the quality of the prepared engineering work.
- Having contact with classification societies.
- Visiting and helping the production department with possible questions.
We are looking for someone who has experience in engineering for the outfitting of ships. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in similar shipbuilding roles.
- Experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD systems such as CADMATIC or CATIA.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the Outfitting Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +316 3011 1222 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com
If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially!
Please note this position is open only to EU citizens or those in possession of a Dutch work permit.
Applications from other nationalities will not be considered.