Systems Verification Engineer
Are you a skilled Systems Verification Engineer seeking fresh career prospects? A prominent marine shiprepair company is presently in search of a Systems Verification Engineer.
As a Systems Verification Engineer, your pivotal role will revolve around the Verification, Validation, and Acceptance (VV&A). Your core responsibility encompasses guaranteeing adherence to established criteria by means of scrutinizing documents, conducting design evaluations, and maintaining traceability for project deliverables. Spanning the entire spectrum from project proposal to system acceptance, you will oversee the formulation of requirement models, uphold the Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM), and engage in collaborative efforts with stakeholders. Working under the guidance of the VV&A manager, you will also be entrusted with ensuring the coherence and verification of requirements, a task that includes overseeing physical testing processes.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Collaborating closely with Test & Integration engineers and other team members to engage in requirements engineering and Verification and Validation (V&V) activities. This contribution will be pivotal in shaping the overall scope, encompassing the formulation of test specifications for Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) deliverables.
- Creating a comprehensive collection of System Requirements for the designated system. This will involve breaking down overarching requirements and regulations into specific system requirements, all of which will be documented within the System Requirements Specification.
- Establishing connections between the set of system requirements and the appropriate document placeholders. This will encompass defining the requisite verification cases (VeCs) within the Verification Case and Requirements Management (VCRM) system. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for outlining the test specifications (TeCs) that will guide physical testing procedures.
- Identifying and implementing the suitable Means of Compliance for the systems under your purview. This entails ensuring that these systems adhere to the prescribed requirements and providing compelling evidence and rationale to substantiate this compliance.
- Playing a key role in the process of achieving consensus with the customer regarding system specifications and the VCRM framework for the designated systems. You will also contribute to the ongoing process of gradually confirming and accepting the performance and functionality of these systems.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in the field of Engineering. Although not obligatory, having certification as an Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) or a similar credential is preferred.
- At least five years of practical experience in designing and engineering sophisticated high-tech products, ideally within domains such as ships, offshore equipment, or relevant industrial installations.
- Proficiency in applying principles and methods of Configuration Management, Requirements Management, and Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge of the Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) process, along with familiarity with maritime systems and working knowledge of products governed by classification standards.
- Previous involvement in moderately-sized dynamic projects characterized by their complexity, involving close collaboration with both project teams and clients.
- Familiarity with Good Engineering Practices, encompassing a strong understanding of quality standards and budget considerations.
- Strong command of spoken and written English; effective communication skills are essential. Proficiency in Dutch and German languages would be advantageous.
- Favorable background checks and security screening are integral parts of the selection process due to the nature of our projects, which often have military implications.
- Eligibility for employment within the European Union or possession of a valid EU work visa is an essential prerequisite for candidacy.
Our client is one of the biggest international shipbuilding companies with over 30 shipyards and related companies worldwide. They have a leading position in the shipbuilding and shiprepair market in the Netherlands.
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you the System Verification Engineer we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 6 – 8395 7663 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com. Your details will be treated confidentially!
Kindly be aware that only candidates possessing a permanent EU citizenship and a valid permanent EU work visa will be considered as eligible candidates. The recruitment process includes a pre-employment screening and security investigation.