Mechanical Engineer Shipbuilding
Future Proof Shipping B.V. is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in designing mechanical systems for the shipbuilding industry. If you are looking for a broad technical job, focusing on new and sustainable technologies, keep on reading!
As a Mechanical Engineer you will part of a small multidisciplinary team, working on challenging sustainable shipping solutions. You will be responsible for the mechanical part of the design.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Modelling and calculating mechanical designs for piping, ventilation, Firefighting, cooling and other systems onboard of ships.
- Basic and detail engineering.
- Preforming various calculations such as strength, flow and response calculations.
- Determining specifications for purchase.
- Designing with a focus on the use of material, size, weight and service accessibility.
- Support project management, production and operations departments.
- Make proposals for technical improvements.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in a similar job position. Furthermore, you meet the following requirements:
- BSc Mechanical Engineering with at least 3 years’ experience in designing ship systems.
- Experience 2D and 3D CAD (SolidWorks, AutoCAD or similar CAD tools.
- Affinity with LNG, CNG Installations onboard ships is nice to have.
- English in word and writing, Dutch would be an advantage.
- We prefer candidates living in the Netherlands but we consider EU citizens as well if you have the willingness to relocate to the Netherlands for the long term.
Future Proof Shipping B.V. (FPS) (www.futureproofshipping.com), offers zero-emissions shipping services to enable players across the value chain make the transition to zero-emissions. As a zero-emissions vessel owner, FPS aims to build and operate a fleet of 10 zero-emission inland and short-sea vessels over the next five years which they will offer for charter to logistics service providers and cargo owners. FPS also facilitates other shipowners and stakeholders in the maritime sector who are ready to make the shift to zero-emissions, through technical support as well as project development and management.
In 2022, FPS will retrofit its first inland vessel, FPS Maas, to sail on hydrogen fuel cells to transport container cargo between The Netherlands and Belgium. Although fuel cells and hydrogen have already been tested in the marine industry, FPS expects this to be the first to demonstrate such a system for main propulsion at this scale, and in commercial operations.
A very interesting job in a small dedicated team with an open, modern working environment and short communication lines. Possibilities to grow in responsibilities and personal development. Working with interesting High-tech products. A fun team that want to learn and grow.
Are you the Mechanical Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with Victoria Piek. You can reach me by calling +31 (0)622802421 or sending me a WhatsApp (24/7). If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com. Your application will be treated confidentially.