Are you an experienced Naval Architect with a strong affinity in the Yacht-building industry? Would you like to perform Naval Architecture calculations, support the commercial/project organisation and be involved in the optimization of the design process? Keep on reading!
As a Naval Architect, you will be involved in the engineering of luxurious mega-yachts. You will perform different naval calculations and designs and you will follow up projects from the first preliminary engineering phases, until production processes of new yachts.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Designing new yachts (basic design) and performing naval calculations such as weight, stability and propulsion.
- Preparing general arrangements.
- Conducting feasibility- and risk analyzes when preparing construction plans.
- Making sure that the engineering package is according to classification society rules.
- Support the commercial and project department and provide them innovative input.
- Working together with the engineering department and disciplines such as construction, mechanical, electrical and interior.
- When appropriate, provide advice to junior engineers and help in their development.
We are looking for an experienced Naval Engineer capable of doing Ship Design and Naval calculations. Experience in preparing General Arrangements is valued and having experience in ferries or pleasure ships. Moreover, the following requirements should be met in order to be successful in these job positions:
- Having a Bsc or Msc in Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Naval Architect with a strong affinity for yachts.
- Experience with Naval Architecture software and AutoCAD is a must.
- Excellent command of the English language and preferably native Dutch.
- Willing to relocate to the Netherlands or already living in the area of Rotterdam.
Our client is a worldwide leading company designing and producing exclusive and sophisticated yachts. The company has its focus on quality over quantity and counts on the best designers, offering a great professional work environment. Your job position will be based in the area of Zuid-Holland.
This is a long-term / permanent position in a well-known engineering company. If needed, you will receive special training during the first period of your employment. The base salary will be set depending on your relevant working experience and level of education, being at max 5.000€ gross per month.
Hendrik de Widt: +31 6 2239 6497 | email@example.com