Are you a Naval Architect looking for a new challenge? If you are looking for a broad technical job at an innovative company focusing on new and sustainable technologies, keep on reading! Our client Future Proof Shipping B.V. in Rotterdam is looking for you!
As Naval Architect you will work in a small multidisciplinary team, working on challenging sustainable shipping solutions. You will be responsible for all Naval Architecture related work of the design.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Working on feasibility and workability studies.
- Working in engineering and design, preparing drawings from concept design until production drawings.
- Performing Naval Architecture calculations, from stability booklets up to light weight checks.
- Checking diagrams, construction plans, specifications and reports.
- Performing and checking of strength analyses.
- Maintaining contact with 3rd parties involved in the project (shipyards, subcontractors or classification societies).
- Support project management, production and operations departments.
- Make proposals for technical improvements.
We are looking for a Naval Architect with at least 3 years of experience in a similar job position. Furthermore, you meet the following requirements:
- BSc / MSc Degree in Naval Architecture or similar.
- Knowledge of Naval Architecture software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, Ansys, etc
- English in word and writing, Dutch would be an advantage.
- We prefer candidates living in the Netherlands but we consider EU citizens as well if you have the willingness to relocate to the Netherlands for the long term.
Future Proof Shipping B.V. (FPS), offers zero-emissions shipping services to enable players across the value chain make the transition to zero-emissions. As a zero-emissions vessel owner, FPS aims to build and operate a fleet of 10 zero-emission inland and short-sea vessels over the next five years which they will offer for charter to logistics service providers and cargo owners. FPS also facilitates other shipowners and stakeholders in the maritime sector who are ready to make the shift to zero-emissions, through technical support as well as project development and management.
In 2022, FPS will retrofit its first inland vessel, FPS Maas, to sail on hydrogen fuel cells to transport container cargo between The Netherlands and Belgium. Although fuel cells and hydrogen have already been tested in the marine industry, FPS expects this to be the first to demonstrate such a system for main propulsion at this scale, and in commercial operations.
A very interesting job in a small dedicated team with an open, modern working environment and short communication lines. Possibilities to grow in responsibilities and personal development. Working with interesting High-tech products. A fun team that want to learn and grow
Are you the Naval Architect that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 (0)629578908 or sending me a WhatsApp (24/7). If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be treated confidentially.