Lead Mechanical Engineer
Would you like to work on innovative Shipbuilding design projects? Do you have experience in concept or basic engineering? If so, please have a look at this position! We are looking for experienced Lead Engineers who are able to lead a small group of engineers, preparing mechanical engineering for complex ships.
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the quality of the designs for machinery and piping for big offshore vessels. You will develop designs for new technologies, installations and equipment according to customer requirements and taking into account the standards of the company related to quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment. Moreover, you will lead a group of 5 basic design engineers. This job position is based in the area of Rotterdam.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Leading a small group of engineers and check their daily work.
- Studying technical requirements from the customer related to products, quality and materials.
- Performing weight calculations for equipment.
- Preparing 3D models of mechanical equipment based on technical specifications.
- Doing a detailed plan of Machinery and Piping engineering and determining work that has to be outsourced.
- Supporting the after-sales department on technical questions.
- Identifying bottlenecks in the process and making improvement suggestions.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the shipbuilding, offshore or chemical industry, preferably having experience in the design of machines and piping systems. Having experience in basic engineering is essential. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Having experience leading groups of engineers.
- Speaking English fluently.
- Our client prefers candidates with EU citizenship.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherlands but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
This is a long-term position, so the company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities.