Safety Engineer – Project Based
Are you a safety engineer with demonstrated experience in risk management? Would you like to work for a big shipbuilding company in the Netherlands? If so, check the details below:
As Safety Engineer you are part of the system safety team within the project. You will have the responsibility for a certain part of the performing functional safety analyses. As Safety Engineer you are in charge for documenting the results of safety risk analysis in the hazard log tool and provide system safety reviews of safety-related documentation received by subcontractors. You will also interact with engineers of various systems, and you will compile safety cases for these systems.
Specific duties in this role include:
- You will be responsible for the documentation of the identified hazards in a structured and traceable manner.
- Evaluate risks in accordance with an established risk matrix.
- You will provide support to engineers to ensure that derived safety requirements are considered in the design of subsystems.
- Review safety documentation developed by the safety team.
- Evaluate system descriptions developed by internal engineering teams.
- Deliver status reports to the System Safety manager.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Automation or other relevant technical study.
- Understanding of functional safety principles in compliance with safety standards like IEC 61508, MIL-Std-882E, and the Machine Directive.
- General knowledge of risk management of technical system performance.
- Good command of the Dutch, German and English language (written & verbal);
- Demonstrated experience in Office, IBM DOORS, PDM system is a plus.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in the Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. They are part of the largest Dutch shipyard that defines shipbuilding all over the world, through their engineering offices and production facilities.
This position is available project-based in the Rotterdam area and the company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you enthusiastic and ready for this challenge for? Apply directly to this position! You can reach me by calling +316 8395 7663or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note this position is open only to EU citizens or those in possession of a Dutch work permit.