Team Leader Structures
Do you have a solid experience in the shipbuilding industry? Are you able to lead a structures engineering team and are you looking for a long-term position? If so, we have a challenging opportunity for you!
In this position you will be responsible for leading a team of structures engineers (up to 10 people) during the correct execution of the engineering activities, from basic to detailed design, coordinating as well all the activities with regard to quality, planning and man-hours. This position is based in South Holland.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Developing and reviewing engineering documentation such as technical specifications, functional descriptions, arrangements, fabrication/mounting drawings.
- Executing or supervising the engineering team activities (2D and 3D technical drawings) during the basic engineering of shipbuilding projects.
- Controlling the detailed engineering of an outsourced engineering package.
- Verifying technical data of vendors and subcontractors.
- Preparing technical analysis on received offers while having a strong collaboration with the purchase department.
- Being responsible for the quality of the prepared engineering work.
- Visiting and supporting the production department with possible technical problems.
We are looking for someone who has a solid experience in shipbuilding and good leadership capabilities. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a technical Bachelor or Master level related to structures discipline.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the engineering of structures.
- Experience in leading large engineering teams.
- Ability to work with software such as CADMATIC or Catia.
- Perfect communication skills in English.
- Good engineering practices, including quality and budget awareness.
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the Team Leader that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +316 3011 1222 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com
If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially!