Principle Naval Architect
Are you a Principle Naval Architect with experience in the ship or yacht building sector? Would you like to lead, coach and supervise a team who design, develop and analyze engineering solutions for yachts, passenger vessels and cruise ships? If so, you just found your next career opportunity!
We are looking for a Principle Naval Architect who has experience with new construction projects, from concept to completion.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Performing stability, propulsion, weight and strength calculations;
- Guiding and coordinating other Naval Architects technically;
- Performing testing procedures related to the ship’s mission;
- Working closely with other disciplines such as FEM Engineers, CFD specialists and the operating team;
- Supporting Design Engineers assuring compliance with class requirements and codes;
- Identifying all technical matters in order to make the specified requirements feasible.
We are looking for a Principle Naval Architect with a Bachelor (BSc) or Master (MSc) degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering and at least 10 years+ experience in a Naval Architecture in a ship or yacht building industry. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Experience in Naval Architecture related issues, such as: stability, hydrodynamics, hull shape optimization, propulsion, tank capacity plans, noise & vibrations;
- Experience with 3D drawing software, stability and advanced calculation programs (FEM / CFD);
- Good command of English language, written and spoken. Dutch is a big plus;
- Experience in ship or yacht building companies, broad interdisciplinary technical insight in ship/yacht building;
- Excellent coaching and communicating skills;
- EU citizenship.
Our client is a world leader in the Yacht building industry specialized in Engineering custom superyachts.
- Long-term position in a leading company in the Yacht Building industry;
- Assistance with relocating to the Netherlands as well as with bureaucratic and tax related issues;
- Very competitive salary up to € 90K bruto per year
- 38 days off per year;
- Travel allowance;
- 8,33% holiday allowance;
- Excellent growth opportunities within the company.
Are you a Principle Naval Architect that we are looking for? Apply directly via the application button below or by email email@example.com If you have any questions you can contact Victoria Piek by phone or Whatsapp +31 (0)6 2280 2421. Your data will be treated confidentially.