Are you an experienced professional in cost estimation, seeking an engaging opportunity? A prominent marine shiprepair company is presently in search of a Cost Estimator.
This technical-commercial role focuses on accurately determining the cost price for maritime projects. The foundation of this cost estimation is the information provided by the client.The calculated cost price serves as the cornerstone for establishing the accurate sales price and project timeline. Additionally, the budget calculation serves as the initial reference for both project preparation and execution.The Estimating Department ensures that project evaluations are grounded in the most reliable data and calculations. This is done to enhance the likelihood of securing projects while minimizing the risk of undertaking unprofitable ventures.The ship repair market is known for its limited predictability. For instance, there can be significant variations in the scope of work from the initial assessment of applications to project completion. Thoroughly documenting and describing the proposed work, often in English, is a crucial aspect of crafting a quote that guards against potential risks.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Creating quotes for repair, maintenance, conversions, and construction projects using customer-provided data.
- Collaborating with internal teams and suppliers, you’ll develop budgets considering various factors.
- Participation in meetings and site visits may be needed, and accurate cost calculations and technical specifications are essential.
- You’ll also collect tender documents and occasionally provide preliminary engineering data.
- Staying updated on industry trends, consulting internal resources, and visiting ships for inspections are part of the role, ensuring comprehensive quotes and budgets are delivered.
- Background in higher or secondary technical education, with a blend of both commercial and technical understanding, such as Engineering, Shipbuilding, Technical Business Administration, or a comparable field.
- Familiarity with estimating and cost structures, or a willingness to learn, is important.
- Being flexible, precise, and a cooperative team player is expected.
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in software like MS Excel, MS Projects, and other relevant tools is necessary.
- A broad technical knowledge, particularly in mechanical or naval engineering, is highly desirable. Experience in maritime project estimation or related technical roles is a plus.
Our client is specialized in the repair, maintenance, refit, and conversion of diverse ship types across a broad spectrum of markets, including offshore oil & gas, wind turbine installation vessels, naval vessels, and transportation.
- Personal guidance, autonomy, diverse tasks, and an environment that values your input.
- A comprehensive benefits package tailored to your expertise and educational background.
- Exposure to an international workspace.
Are you the Cost Estimator we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 6 – 8395 7663 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com. Your details will be treated confidentially!
Kindly be aware that only candidates possessing a permanent EU citizenship and a valid permanent EU work visa will be considered as eligible candidates. The recruitment process includes a pre-employment screening and security investigation.