Do you have a technical background and experience related to cost estimation and finance? Would you like to work for an international company and be responsible for the estimation of shipbuilding projects? We might be looking for you!
As a Cost Estimator you will collect and analyze data in order to estimate project costs and work hours required. You will also calculate and adjust estimates and recommend ways to reduce costs being an important link between the sales, engineering and production department. The position is based in South Holland. Specific duties in this role will include:
- Reviewing the budgets, taking into consideration the project specifications.
- Requesting and assessing from internal departments the manhour costs for projects.
- Developing and managing a database with all technical and purchasing information.
- Drafting integral budget estimates for new constructions and refit projects.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the whole process of the project, coordinating with the purchasing department to achieve market competitive project estimation.
- Offering support to commercial colleagues by providing expert knowledge related to calculation and shipbuilding projects.
We are looking for an Engineer with experience in cost estimating. Moreover, the following requirements should be met:
- BSc degree or MSc degree in Naval architecture, Mechanical Engineering or another relevant Technical Study.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role in a production organization.
- Previous similar work experience in the maritime industry is an advantage.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English language.
- Only candidates with an EU permit will be considered for this role.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
Since this is a long-term position, the company will invest in your personal & professional development. We will assist you in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with administrative and tax related issues. The salary will be based on your degree and work experience.
Are you the Cost Estimator that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your CV to email@example.com. If you have any other questions before your application, please contact Elena Olteanu at +40 21 555 1189. Your information will be treated confidentially.