Naval Architect Hydrostatics
Are you a Naval Architect in the Shipbuilding industry? Do you have strong affinity with Hydrostatics? Then please take a further look on this position!
As a Naval Architect Hydrostatics, you will work in hydrostatic matters from the proposal phase of new ships and you will follow up the engineering and production phases of projects. You will work on general ship design calculations and, using PIAS, you will perform hydrostatic calculations. Moreover, you will perform inclining tests and you will be directly in contact with the client and other parties involved in projects.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Performing inclining tests.
- Performing hydrostatic calculations.
- Recognizing bottlenecks.
- Maintain contact with different stakeholders in the projects in relation to hydrostatics.
- Travelling within the Netherlands and abroad for work.
We are looking for a Naval Architect with practical experience in Hydrostatic calculations. Moreover, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a BSc degree or MSc degree in Naval Architecture.
- Having at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Having knowledge of general ship design.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken. Speaking the Dutch language is a plus.
- Willingness to travel for short periods of time.
- Only candidates with a EU permit will be considered for this role.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
Since this is a long-term position, the company will invest in your personal & professional development. We will assist you in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with administrative and tax related issues. The salary will be based on your degree and work experience.
Are you the Naval Architect that we are looking for? Apply for this position directly below!