Would you like to work on innovative shipbuilding design projects? Do you have experience in preparing P&IDs? If so, please have a look at this position! We are looking for experienced Diagrams Engineers who are able to help in piping and mechanical engineering for complex ships.
As a P&ID Engineer, you will design all piping systems on board of ships. You will be responsible for classification society drawings and you will have contact with customers regarding technical specifications.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Creating one-line piping diagrams for systems such as cooling water, fuel, bilge and ballast systems.
- Doing calculations and specifying fittings and instrumentation.
- Calculating pipe diameters and thickness.
- Following up the detailed, construction and commissioning phases of the project.
- Specifying necessary components based on construction specifications and regulations.
We are looking for someone who has experience in preparing P&IDs for shipbuilding projects or industrial projects. Having experience in basic engineering is essential. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a BSc related to mechanical systems.
- Having at least 3 years of experience in the engineering of ships or piping systems.
- Working knowledge of CAD software.
- Being familiar with classification society rules.
- Speaking Dutch and English fluently.
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships, including Naval Ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
Since this is a long-term position, the company will invest in your personal & professional development. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Are you the P&ID’s Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +316 30 111222 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org