Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Technical Equipment and Propulsion
Do you want to be part of a technology and innovation international work environment, perform with excellence and work in shipbuilding projects? Are you looking for a long term opportunity based in The Nederlands? Come join the team working in one of the biggest shipbuilders worldwide.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Technical Equipment and Propulsion you model, set-up, implement and revise engineering information on propulsion plant and equipment for technical spaces like engine and steering gear room(s). You will work in line with project requirements, customer needs, technical and operations guidelines and regulations. This in order to contribute to efficient production and to maximize reliability quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of our clients portfolio.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Generating engineering drawings for the 3D engineering model including technical requirements related to products, systems and processes (materials, quality, environment, health, safety, design optimization, maintainability, product specifications), propose and/or implement improvements.
- Implement and model the basic and detailed engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with specifications, (shipyard) requirements, applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations.
- Assisting the detail engineering partner on optimization of the technical arrangements.
- Document (maintenance) activities performed on processes, design status, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses on design and technical progress of documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the field of mechanical engineering with proven work skills in marine engineering.
- 2 + years of Mechanical Systems Engineering Design experience for shipbuilding industry.
- Experience in advanced 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cad Matic or Catia.
- Proficiency in English language written as well as verbal
Our client is a company active in the shipbuilding industry. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products.
The company offers you all necessary trainings to develop yourself along with 38 holiday days per year. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities. Furthermore, we provide all assistance to candidates who relocate to the Netherlands.
Please note this position is open only to EU citizens or those in possession of a Dutch work permit.
Applications from other nationalities will not be considered.
Are you ready to be part of a dynamic team responsible for complex shipbuilding projects ? Apply now! Or contact Iulia Vilcu at email@example.com +31683957663 for more information.
Your information will be treated confidentially!